Wednesday, May 6, 2009

post #1

I work as a security guard on Wall ST. A normal day in my job can be interesting, but for the most part is very routine. I work 3 days a week and on saturdays I do doubles. Doubles are usually from 7am until 11pm and you would think that would be the most difficult work day but it's not. I actually enjoy the double because the building is empty and we could do whatever we want. During the week though it's a totally different atmosphere. The building is very busy and full of tenants that can be very rude. We're not allowed to send people upstairs if they don't have the right identification so whenever a tenant forgets their I.D. it can get very ugly. The building manager is very strict when it comes to security. In the morning shifts he walks around looking for mistakes. He has no problem firing someone on sight if he thinks they're not doing their job. You can't wear a jacket even if it's 20 degrees outside and you can't put your hands in your pocket. Changes I would make include a better hiring system. I feel like my company hires many questionable employees that shouldn't be working in that type of environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment