Wednesday, May 6, 2009

post #2

The more people you know in my neighborhood the higher your status. It also matters how you know all these people. It could be because of the money you make or your personality. Many people would like to be able to keep to themselves but it's very hard due to the amount of gossip that's in my neighborhood. Since for the most part nobody in my neighborhood is rich, money does not equal higher status because if you had money you wouldn't be living there. And if you do make a lot of money people tend to always question the way you got it since there are so many drug dealers that live there. I don't really aspire for status because my main mission is to eventually leave this neighborhood. I love the people here and I've learned many things such as humility but sometimes it feels like I'm trapped. I feel like there's a certain limit to the amount of status you can gain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment